Mile Hi Companies- Parking Lot Pole Power
This property was previously lit by 3 parking lot poles with 2 outdated fixtures on each (only 2 of the 6 fixtures were working). This created a security concern for a thriving business running 24/7 in a dark industrial part of town.
To remedy this issue, an additional parking lot pole was installed as well as 2 new 300 Watt LED Flood fixtures on the new and existing poles. This took the lot from 2 outdated flood lights to 8 upgraded LED solutions.
A brightly lit lot with automated fixtures. Along with upgrading the fixtures, rebate opportunities were also created for this property.
Parking lot security lighting plays a critical role in enhancing safety and security in industrial areas. These spaces often have high activity levels and multiple entrances and exits, making them vulnerable to unauthorized access or criminal activities. In this article, we will explore the importance of parking lot security lighting in industrial areas and discuss key considerations to ensure its effectiveness.
Industrial areas typically have large parking lots that accommodate numerous vehicles, including employee cars, delivery trucks, and company vehicles. It is essential to provide adequate lighting throughout the parking lot to ensure visibility and deter potential criminal activities. Here are some key reasons why parking lot security lighting is crucial in industrial areas:
1. Crime prevention: Well-lit parking lots help prevent criminal activities such as theft, vandalism, and assaults. Bright lighting creates a deterrent for potential offenders, increasing the overall security of the area.
2. Enhanced visibility: Proper lighting ensures that pedestrians and vehicle operators have clear visibility, reducing the risks of accidents, slips, trips, and falls. This is especially important during nighttime or low-light conditions.
3. Employee safety: In industrial areas, employees often work late shifts or irregular hours. Adequate lighting in the parking lot provides a sense of security and safety for employees as they enter or exit the premises.
4. Surveillance effectiveness: Parking lot security lighting enhances the effectiveness of video surveillance systems. With proper illumination, surveillance cameras can capture clear images and footage, making it easier to identify and investigate any security incidents.
To ensure the effectiveness of parking lot security lighting in industrial areas, several key considerations must be taken into account:
1. Lighting design: The lighting design should be carefully planned to provide optimal coverage and illumination. This includes placing light fixtures strategically to minimize shadows and dark areas. High-intensity discharge (HID) lamps or LED lighting fixtures are commonly used for their bright and efficient lighting output.
2. Light levels: The lighting levels should meet industry standards and recommendations. Illumination levels should be uniform throughout the parking lot, with no extreme variations in brightness or dark spots. It is crucial to strike a balance between providing sufficient lighting without causing glare or discomfort for users.
3. Motion sensor lights: Incorporating motion sensor lights can be an effective way to conserve energy while maintaining security. These lights activate when motion is detected, alerting individuals to potential activity and providing additional illumination when needed.
4. Regular maintenance: Proper maintenance of the lighting system is essential to ensure its continued effectiveness. This includes regular cleaning of fixtures, replacement of burned-out bulbs, and timely repair of any lighting malfunctions.
5. Energy efficiency: Consider utilizing energy-efficient lighting technologies such as LED lights, which consume less electricity and have longer lifespans compared to traditional lighting options. This not only reduces energy costs but also contributes to environmental sustainability.
6. Integration with other security measures: Parking lot security lighting should be integrated with other security measures, such as surveillance cameras, access control systems, and alarms. This ensures a comprehensive security approach and enables quick response to any security incidents.
In conclusion, parking lot security lighting is vital for ensuring safety and security in industrial areas. By providing adequate illumination, it deters criminal activities, enhances visibility, and promotes employee safety. Implementing a well-designed lighting system, incorporating energy-efficient technologies, and integrating with other security measures are key considerations to maximize the effectiveness of parking lot security lighting in industrial areas.